My youngest daughter doesn't like photos of herself where she's smiling, she 'hates' her smile... so there are very few photos of her smiling. Although she is only 18 at the moment, I decided to preserve this one for her scrapbook so that it doesn't go 'missing'.
This layout combines her love of pink and all things girly with my love for black.
How it came to be:
- First I used the embossing paste through a diamond shaped stencil to add some texture to the page
- I then splattered some spray mist over the page
- Next, I mat and layered the photo with black card and patterned paper
- Used white and teal tule as a backing for the matted photo
- Layered some card and papers on each side of the photo
- Added some paper ribbon and lace to the sides as well
- Layered the paper flowers, added pearl dots in the middle and added to the page
- The Sissix tattered leaves die was used to cut leaves from patterned paper. These were then distressed with Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink
- Paper ribbon and frames were added to the top and bottom of the page and finished off with pearl dots, flowers and washi tape
- Alphabet stamps, Versamark ink and embossing tinsel were used to create the title
- Finished off the layout by adding some pearl flourishes, stickers, wording and finally some liquid glass to the leaves.