Art Journalling by Accident

So, I hadn't heard about Art Journalling until December last year...

Every time I would go to the store and get new 'stuff', I would come home and experiment with it in a book that I used specifically for that purpose...
So I ended up with a book full of lovely and not so lovely backgrounds...

I was looking around on YouTube to figure out how I can bring mixed media to my scrapbooks without impacting my photo's....when I discovered Art Journalling by accident...one of those 'good' accidents...

I was so excited that I could use this book to make awesome artwork that I dropped everything and immediately turned to Art Journalling...

I started adding some journalling to my already prepared backgrounds....some I had to add extra elements such as paper to cover up the mess...but most pages, I used as is....


Background
One of the experiment backgrounds before I did anything to it!
It was fun and I was loving every minute of it!

The first ever 'true' Art Journal page I created was using the front cover of my book which had a lovely background....as you can see it's very amateurish...I had no idea what I was doing....just trying it out.....


First Art Journal page
My journey to create timeless memories from imperfection begins...
What I Did
  1. I added some tissue and other paper pieces
  2. Used grunge paste through a stencil
  3. Used stamps for the diamond shapes,  the butterfly and the script text
  4. Added some die cut flower shapes and words
  5. Finished off with a handwritten quote and edged the page with distressed ink

It has been quite an amazing journey....one which led me to the awesome work of Terri Sproul. Terri runs free live art journal classes every Tuesday night through Google+ and teaches different techniques using various mediums....a definite MUST CHECK OUT
If you're like me and can't catch the live sessions....you know those time difference issues.....no worry, you can always catch up on YouTube at your convenience....

Terri has taken a complete novice, inspired me to use mediums I have never used before and turned my Art Journal pages into works of art....all pages below have been as a result of Terri's teachings....






   



   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flower Power

Happy Mail

Grand Roques