Altered Shoe Swap

Hello again,

Every month I tell myself that it's the last swap I will be participating in so I can do some of my other projects...and every time, the hostesses at MyScrapRoom.ning.com (MSR) add these really awesome challenges that just call to me...and then how can I say no? 


So yet again....I signed up for one of the challenges at MSR hosted by the lovely Jessica...

She had the Altered category and set us the challenge to alter a shoe using bling, flowers and lace...

My swap partner, Samantha, gave me some her likes...she wanted something edgy, black, red, skulls, etc.


I must admit, this did take me way out of my comfort zone some...but I thoroughly enjoyed making the pencil holder for her from a shoe I had bought from a Charity shop. 


I first painted the entire shoe with black gesso before I covered the bottom and inner soles of the shoe with red rose floral paper. I trimmed down kitchen towel inners to form the holders for the pencils or whatever else she wants to place in there and added black lace around the tops, although it's a bit difficult to see it because of the colour.

I then added spikes to the heel and around the top of the shoe. I added red and black flowers around the shoe and added a length of chain to add something dangly. I finished off with skulls in three places...

I love how it turned out and you can see the finished product on YouTube...where hopefully you can find some inspiration for your projects...




Thanks for stopping by and sharing in my meraki moments...


Take care

Penny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flower Power

Happy Mail

Grand Roques