A Pretty Mess!

Andy Skinner is one of those people who inspire me to create....

The other day, I watched a video in which Andy demonstrated how to stamp using acrylic paints and as I had never attempted that before, I thought I had to give it a try.....





So out came my Art Journal  and all the acrylic paint I had....I just couldn't decide on which colour to use...

The stamping turned out pretty great, using Andy's technique, and I ended up with some lovely images....I was really very pleased with the result....

I started painting the background between the stamped images....it didn't look half bad....
Then I stamped a big doll face with an dye ink but it kinda got lost among the paint...and didn't show up quite so clearly....

So I went into 'fix-it' mode....

.....but then it all went wrong.....
.....you know when you keep adding stuff and hope it turns out right but it just gets worse by the second?
....that what happened to me....I messed it up completely.....

I reached for my knight in white armour....'Gesso'...and started all over again....

This time I decided to keep it simple.....much better....




























I stamped the roses and leaves with acrylic paint and used watered down paint to drag the colour from the edges of the flower and leaves. 
Next, I outlined the edges of the roses with interference paint to give it a bit of darker edge...

The little yellow flowers and the swirls were outlined from a stencil....I cannot draw, so I have to improvise... 

All in all....I'm happy....I learnt something new and tried it out!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flower Power

Happy Mail

Grand Roques