Queen of my Heart

Hello again,

Well, this month is very special for me....

Firstly, I was selected as a guest designer or 'special investigator' for CSI...so I'm very excited about that....yay!

Secondly, the major case file this month is all about everyday super heroes which is perfect since my super hero celebrates her 79th birthday today (11 June)...



So when I read the testimony prompt to consider my super power....I immediately thought about my mum. She is the real super hero in my story. It's because of her love, sacrifice, tough discipline and spiritual guidance that I am who I am today. She has given me everything I needed to bring me to this point. And when I think of all the efforts she has made for every one of her children and grandchildren, she is more than a wonder mamma to me...she's the queen of my heart and all time hero!



She is the strongest woman I know, both emotionally and spiritually. She will give of her last in order to assist others, she's always putting the needs of others ahead of her own which, if I'm honest, sometimes makes me mad because there are some who take advantage of her generosity and kindness.

But like she always says, 'I came into this world with nothing and I will leave with nothing!'
So you can see....she's strong willed as well....she knows who she is, what's important to her and can make you pee yourself with laughter sometimes....especially when she tickles you to the point of no return...

And so today, I want to honour her for the woman she is and always has been, I share my take on the major case file 231...
Happy birthday mum!

Evidence & Testimony: 
First, I flipped the sketch. Then started on a white background and included all five colours in various forms from paint splotches, coloured card stock and decorative papers to embellishments. Some papers sporting starbursts and stripes. 

I journaled in a speech bubble and used punctuation marks and stars as decorative elements on the page. My puffy stickers included a crown above the Q of the title and the hearts. I finished off the page with some stitching because she's a seamstress and always loves to sew....






I really enjoyed creating this one....it was so thought provoking...
Thank you CSI for the challenge...


Thanks for stopping by to share in my meraki moments...

Take care 
Penny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flower Power

Happy Mail

Grand Roques