Grand Roques

Hello again,

So my second challenge to solve as a CSI special investigator is case file 232.
This challenge with its outdoorsy theme lent itself well to the photo of my two girls on our first visit to Guernsey. 



In 2007, we were given the opportunity to relocate to the little island of Guernsey....a place I never knew existed. During the school holidays, we took the kids on a week long visit before we made the final decision to move. 

Coming from the city life of London it was refreshing to be able to walk in nature and take in the sights of sea, sand and cliffs. We all loved it and it was such an amazing sight to see the girls wander over the rocks....

Our decision was made...and we lived there for the next 5 years. And the two girls in the photo still live today...adventure turned life changer for them.



The Evidence:
I normally don't use wooden backgrounds in my scrapbooking, but this time I thought I'd push beyond my comfort zone and use the one wooded floor design page from my stash. I included wooden heart pieces, foliage, labels, enamel dots. I created a pocket and stitched around it...even though my stitching is a bit 'not straight'...😂

I added a stitched 'faux' leather belt and fastened with a buckle. 



I used a honeycomb mesh stencil to add some dimensional paste to the background.


The CSI challenges are always fascinating to me...and this one is no different...always thoroughly enjoyable. You too can have a go at solving the challenges. Just visit CSI blog where you can find monthly challenges and inspiration too. 

Thanks for stopping by and hopefully I will see some of your designs.

Take care
Penny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flower Power

Happy Mail