Flower Power


Hi,

Every April and September, Alexandra Palace is buzzing with creative beings coming to get our fill of inspiration and crafty goodness. 

Now, I have been attending these craft shows since about 2002...and I always try to make sure that I am free to go...but over the last few years I have been finding it difficult to get there....just because of timing and other things going on...
But also because it's changed over the years...it's not as great as it used to be... #sadscrapbooker

This April I attended after a long while...and I'm glad I did! 
I met some lovely ladies, chatted to like-minded individuals, got so much stuff....not like I need it...of course I do...but most importantly was the inspiration and new techniques I had picked up...amazing!

One of the things I've learnt was how to make flowers of a material called foamiran....
I have never heard of foamiran before...but it sure does make beautiful flowers....

As I was browsing the various stalls, I came across this lovely lady showing her beautifully crafted flowers using this stuff. I took one of her make and take sessions and I was thrilled with the outcome of my first attempt...

On this one, I added some colour to the petals with gelatos and finished off with glitter paint.
The flower I made as part of the class
And obviously, after the class, I bought a whole lot of this foamiran stuff so that I can make flowers galore. Of all my purchases, this is one that I had to try when I got home...so I couldn't help myself but get started on the whole flower making trip.
For this one, I left the petals plain...no colour added...I guess I wanted to see what it would look like without added extras...

My trial when I got home...
  
I'm not sure which one I like better....I think they are both pretty...but maybe the colour adds some shadows and depth to the flower, making it a bit more realistic.

YouTube is one of my favourite sources of inspiration....so I searched to see how others were making flowers...and surprise, surprise, I found Emilia's channel...she's the women whom I met at the show and who taught me....boy was I excited!
Now you too can learn how to make these beautiful creations. 



These are so much fun to make...and actually are quite quick to create...

Thanks for stopping by...

Take care
Penny xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mail

Grand Roques