Best Friend

Sometimes people come into our lives and just make it sweeter.

As a  mother, my scrapbooking is mostly almost about my kids...and very rarely have I created a page about my husband (except, of course, when he was included in the kids' scrapbook pages)...
So when I saw one of the testimony prompts for CSI Case 228 was to 'journal about your husband'...it made me realise how I rarely scrapbook about him.



Our journey began almost 28 years ago when two independent beings with strong personalities collided. So it isn't any wonder that there are times when we drive each other insane....I think me more than him...but who's counting?

Although we have our moments, we are actually great together. He is my best friend and the one person in the world that knows me better than anyone else. He always jokes about saying how he knows me more than my mother does....and he's not wrong!

And so today through Case file 228, I celebrate him for the wonderful person, father, husband and friend that he is.






I was excited about the colour choices in this case challenge....especially the blues because blue is one of his favourite colours...

For my evidence I used a solid background, frames, chevrons, flowers, silver metal and puffy stickers. And besides journalling about my husband for the testimony, I also used the inspiration of home.

I had recently purchased a FabScraps kit which had a bunch of awesome chipboard words and frames, which were perfect for this layout. I used the word chipboard piece as my title and cut one of the house shapes from the other chipboard piece to create a frame. I covered these with gesso, then mixed some grey mica powder with embossing paste and covered the chipboard to create some texture on the chipboard. I really like how it turned out.


My title and frame during the gesso process


A close-up of the finished version of my title























I really enjoyed doing this challenge and look forward to the next one.

Thank you for stopping by...

Take care
Penny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flower Power

Happy Mail

Grand Roques